Saturday, November 8, 2008

Fall Colors

I have adopted the Northwest mentality, which means I have not let the rains - which have arrived in all their glory - stop me from getting out and enjoying Portland.   Priya and I took a nice long walk today from home through Nob Hill and into the Pearl District. It is great to live so close to Downtown.  Here are some shots of the fall colors from today.


The top shot is of the Lower MacLeay Park Trail which is right below our house (and the origin of the name of this blog).



These shots are from our street - Thurman St.  The one below is our nearest little commercial district with a coffeeshop, an art gallery, and the thai restaurant we walk to often for takeout.  That is Priya bundled up in her waterproof pod.



The shot above is of a church on Couch St. (pronounced "Cooch" for some reason).  The shot below is quintessential Portland.  Note that the tricycle is actually locked to the bike rack!








No comments: