Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Diwali and Happy Halloween


We traveled back to Houston last week for Diwali - the Hindu festival of lights.  Diwali symbolizes the victory of good over evil and uplifting of spiritual darkness.  We started off with Priya's first puja or prayer ritual.  







Then we made a trip to the beautiful Swaminarayan temple which is handcrafted from marble.  Stunning.




After celebrating the Hindu New Year, it was time for Halloween.  The point of Halloween and infants is to put them in a big furry costume that makes them look ridiculous. Something they will laugh at in 15 years.  I think this monkey outfit did the trick.


Of course, Ami and I had to join in the festivities.  My Ghostbusters costume was a hit (it helped that they were showing Ghostbusters the movie outside that night!).


I think that is Slimer (the green ghost in Ghostbusters for those less geeky readers) in the lower left of the picture!  As for why my face came out so red....not sure.

No comments: