Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Priya's 2nd Birthday Party

I cannot believe Priya turned 2 years old last Friday. Time flies. We had her party at our local park, Wallace Park, on Saturday. The day started out cloudy and we spent the morning and afternoon watching the skies, hoping for the sun to come out. Sun breaks would be followed by a quick drizzle. Even as I was setting up the party in the park the clouds were thick. Then as if I had planned it perfectly, the sun came out right as the party started. It was a nice semi-warm spring day and the party was a lot of fun.




Just like any visit to the park with Priya, the party started with some swinging. Priya loves the swings. She has to hit all of them - the baby swing, the seat swing, the big kid swings, and the tire swing. Watching her on the tire swing with her friends was very cool. She is getting to be a big little girl!





After spending plenty of time on the swings and the playground, it was time to bust out the Pinata! I couldn't find a bat or good stick so a rake handle would have to work. Mom gave Priya a hand, but that donkey wasn't in much trouble at Priya's hands.




Soon the bigger kids took over and the donkey was fearing for it's life. The boys gave it a good effort but the girls did the real damage. First, one girl knocked off one of the ears. Then she delivered the death blow and knocked the donkey in half (that is our heroine on the left in the picture below!). A riot ensued:



Once the pinata was destroyed and we took a moment to enjoy the fruits (well the cheap candy and toys) of our victory, it was time for cake. It looked much better than it tasted:




We all sang Happy Birthday and then Priya helped me cut the cake. I have to remember that not everyone eats as big a slice of cake as me, especially the kids. I was ridiculed repeatedly for doling out massive slices. As usual, Priya didn't eat any cake. Someday....




It was a great birthday in the park. Priya had a great birthday weekend. We all spent the day together on Friday, including Nani who is in town. Saturday we had the party. Sunday she went with Mommy to see Sesame Street Live and had a blast. This was also her third birthday party of the year. We celebrated twice before with both sets of families. I will try to post those pictures soon.


No comments: