I still have one more post on the Patel family whirlwind tour of the NW. But, I thought I would switch it up with some pictures of the Wallace family get together along the Oregon and Southern Washington Coast.
My parents came out to see what the summer was like at the Oregon coast with the possibility of leaving their current summer locale of Summit County, Colorado (near Keystone and Breckenridge). Let's just say it isn't going to work out. While there was a record heat wave in Portland, an inversion settled in at the coast and they were fogged in all week:
We managed to still find some fun to be had. As I mentioned in a previous post, Pappy took Priya on her first carousel ride. She had a blast as did Pappy:
I decided to take her on the adjacent car ride. I think Priya had more fun than I did:
These pictures are from Astoria, Oregon. They filmed "Goonies" here. A tall column is perched on a hill above town, with amazing views. I was the only one to climb the tower. I was amazed that Priya could recognize me all the way at the top of the tower. The picture below shows her looking up at me at the top of the tower:
The picture above shows one of the great views from the Astoria Column. The picture below is from Cape Disappointment near Long Beach, WA. This is Deadman's Cove. Certainly nothing disappointing about that beach!
While I don't think my parents will be moving to the NW anytime soon, I think they had a good time.

No comments:
Post a Comment