Sunday, September 13, 2009

Shrayen and Dhilan visit Part 5 - Orcas Island

After a quick tour of San Juan Island, we boarded another ferry for Orcas Island. This ferry ride saw sunny skies and beautiful views. Priya was ready to go:



I highly recommend that everyone visit the Pacific NW and take a trip out to the San Juan Islands. The ferry rides alone are amazing. Water, mountains, islands, and even float planes!




Priya said goodbye to the ferry as we landed in Orcas Island. Priya was waking up pretty early on this vacation, so I often found myself out of the B&B first thing in the morning for a run or to explore the island. This usually involved some thick morning fog/clouds, which quickly cleared to offer amazing views:


On Orcas Island we explored Moran State Park. Ami, Sona, Shrayen, Priya and I took a row boat out on the lake:



We decided to drive up Mt. Constitution this time. A few years ago Ami and I hiked up, which is a pretty grueling hike straight up to the top where all the cars are parked. Amazing 360 degree views from Mt. Ranier to Vancouver and Victoria.



The deer are pretty tame on Orcas Island! After Orcas Island, the Patel family carried on to Victoria and Vancouver. Since Ami and I forgot our passports, we had to go back to Seattle! Shrayen, Dhilan, Rosy and Ashish had a great whirlwind tour of the Pacific NW. Hopefully, they will come back soon.


No comments: