Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Tree Hunt

We headed out on Saturday to the christmas tree farms to hunt down this year's tree.  Oregon grows the majority of christmas trees for the US and export.  We prefer Noble firs.  We just happened to end up at a great family farm last year with beautiful views of Mt. Hood but forgot exactly where it was.  We headed out in the same direction this year and, what do you know, we managed to find it.  We also got lucky with a beautiful sunny day.


Priya found a tree just her size.  We got to enjoy a beautiful view of Mt. Hood while we searched for the perfect tree.



Priya, as always, was enjoying being outside.  Below, I get to working on bringing down our pick.  I think I sporting a little plumbers crack.


We got our prize tied to the top of the Subaru, with Sona looking on from the back.  She had a blast running around the farm, leaving "gifts and fertilizer".


No comments: