Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snowed In!

I made it up to the mountain yesterday for my first day of snowboarding for the season.  Great conditions on the mountain.  Not so much on the drive home - blizzard conditions all the way back to Portland.  When I got home I was greated with 6-8 inches of snow.  I walked with a friend to a nearby brewpub, which was packed.  A lot of people were out, it was great.  

Here are some pictures from last night and this morning.  Ami and Priya are in Houston, so only Sona in these pictures.



I think we got a little freezing rain overnight because the top layer of the snow was frozen over.  This really confused Sona:



We had to go for a quick walk along Lower MacLeay Trail.




That is our street above and Buddha below - who lost some of his face icicles and has been given a nice snowcap!


We are supposed to get freezing rain later this afternoon and more snow tomorrow.  Good times!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seriously love your pics! Especially the one of the Mac Trail. Nice stuff. Solid work.

Daniel said...

great photos. Why isn't Sona wearing her jacket!?

Jason said...

Thanks guys. Whenever Sona is wearing her jacket, it is because Ami put it on. I never remember.